View Single Post
Old
02-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Ti-girl

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkeric View Post
Hey everyone, I play in one league that has some beginners that don't know how to control their sticks. With one team in particular, both times I've played them I've been unnecessarily high-sticked just skating through the neutral zone.

I wear a full cage, but both times I exaggerated the play by grabbing my mask and letting out a painful yell. Obviously, it didn't hurt, and I also wanted to draw a penalty. Without a cage, it would have been bad though.

Is that unsportsmanlike? I think those kids should learn from the penalties to control their sticks, especially since other people don't wear any shields.
Yes.

I play with guys so I'm always the shortest one on the ice (well most of the time unless they have some itty bitty guys who are under 5'8) so I'm at elbow/stick level to most of them.

I won't dive or embellish getting hit in the cage, but if it keeps happening, usually during a stoppage in play I'll skate by the ref and just say "Hey, can you keep a look out for some high sticks? I keep getting knocked around."

Usually that does it and the ref keeps a better eye on it. No biggie.

I had one who told me "Well then you should go and play ringette."

That, didn't turn out well. At all.