View Single Post
Old
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I agree. Florida just wants really good value. I think Martin was just saying that to make it seem like the playoffs are his #1 priority. And they should be, but I realize that building a good franchise takes time. So building for the future is important, unfortunately lots of fans in South Florida, not specifically Panthers fans, are impatient as hell.

Yeah it doesn't seem like Gomez is a good fit there. He seems like the type of guy that needs a pure finisher, like he had with Elias in NJ. Olesz could do well in NY. I want the trade deadline to hurry the efff up.

Okay,here's my .02 cents of all the talk. As a die-hard Panther fan, I would not want to trade away Olesz just yet. I know he's been injury prone for quite some time now,but the kid shows a lot of potential when he is playing and I would not want to see the Panthers miss out on a possibly great hockey player just to dump salary. When Olesz was on his game, he could skate like the wind,had a great shot,good hands, isn't afraid to hit and I think he can give the Panthers that little extra bit of scoring they are looking for.

On Gomez, #1 I guess a stupid question, Now I know his last name is spanish,but isn't he from Alaska? Back to subject, I wouldn't mind Gomez in a Panther jersey,but I am not happy about his price. I am not even close to a Rags fan, so I haven't seen him play much,but from what everyone seems to be saying is that he is having a horrible year in NY, so maybe a change of scenery is good for him, but at what cost? I would much rather the Panthers hang on to JBo and have a healthy Olesz come back into the lineup for a playoff run,then take a chance on Gomez and his price.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote