View Single Post
Old
02-27-2009, 06:49 PM
TheHMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post

Great insight buddy.

Kuba will be gone next season and none of there offensive prospects are ready to make the big jump to the league next year. Like I said this help Ottawa for next season, the sens already have a load of defensive defenceman already also, Chris Phillips, Jason Smith, Brendan Bell, Christoph Schubert. And jeez those great puckmovers in Ottawa are really showing how good they are at moving the puck eh? 27th in the league for GF.. Campoli is the only thing they have got going for them right now, Gilbert would improve that.

When Ottawa let go of Corvo, they had puckmovers like Redden and Meszaros so no need to even bring that up, Meszaros wouldnt agree to a contract, they had to trade him, and they thought they were getting a puckmover back in Picard, that didnt work, Redden just plain sucked. And Gilbert is'nt stellar?
The GF and puck movement problems have had a lot more to do with Craig Hartsburg than they had to do with the actual roster players. If you haven't watched the Senators, you would not know this. Since Cory Clouston started coaching the team, the transition game has been improved tenfold; and I don't see how anyone can form any sort of reasonable argument to suggest otherwise.

Brian Lee and Campoli are both very good puck movers. They're young but right now I haven't seen anything to suggest that they aren't Top 4 Defensemen. Alexandre Picard, or Mattias Karlsson are more than good enough to handle the bottom pairing.

The season is done for the Senators. I would much rather they pursue a defenseman in free agency with the cap space the team will have rather than surrender Volchenkov for Tom Gilbert because Oiler fans feel like it's the best thing for us. Oh hey why not throw in our 1st too, probably isn't going to be as good of a player as Nilsson anyway.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote