View Single Post
Old
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
The question for me is: Is Malik worse than Koci?

Let me make my case.

In 48 career NHL games, Koci has amassed 1 point. One. It was an incidental assist to Recchi's goal vs. Boston on the 22nd. The man plays forward (more often than not) and contributes zilch to creating offense. Nor is he especially gifted defensively. He's not a checking machine, though to his credit, he does take the opportunities that present themselves.

The stupid giveaways that Malik is guilty of, Koci does as well. Koci might have a quarter as many giveaways over the course of a game, but he also gets a quarter the minutes of Malik.

He'd do well pre-lockout, with the obstruction, but that time has passed.

Blame his size or his foot speed, if you will, but then look at Chara. He's a good skater, especially for his size, a defensive powerhouse, and gets stuff going offensively. In addition, he's the captain of his team.

The last time David Koci scored a goal was during the lockout for Scranton.

Koci's fight record this year is 2-7-1 so he's not even especially effective at punching other dudes in the chops more than taking it.

His size might make him intimidating, but why would someone take a run at one of our players when we're losing?

He's a poor man's Oliwa. Think about that for a few minutes.

So if you conclude that Koci is worse than Malik, then no, Malik is not even the worst player on the team, right now.

Disclaimer: I don't mean to completely rip on the guy. He definitely tries and, for what it's worth, I like him. You've got to respect a guy like him. I just don't think the he's suited to the current NHL.
Yeah but Koci isn't a giant ****** like Malik.

Last edited by Kristia: 02-28-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: edited comment