View Single Post
Old
02-28-2009, 10:56 AM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
But, you have to give the guy credit. They improved 31 points in one season.
Well, I wouldn't utterly trash him, but I think it's a bit too easy to give him the credit for that when 50% or more of the reason for that jump in points were the result of a draft pick with which he had nothing to do. Let's face it, no Lundqvist, no 100 points in 05-06.

Also, at what point does credit stop? That jump was excellent, but I think we can all agree that it was supposed to be the springboard for greater success. The team has not achieved that point total since; it harldy looks likely to collect it this year; and it has stalled in the playoffs with little to suggest the team is getting further in this year's playoffs than last. You mark that 31 point jump as significant, yet Sather has had to fire the coach who achieved that 31 point jump because of the failure of his team to move forward since then.

I ask again, at what point does credit stop being given? Or more accurately, at what point do other factors outweigh the credit he is given for the change in fortunes between 03-04 and 05-06, a change in fortune for which he is only partly responsible?

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote