View Single Post
Old
02-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I woulxd hope Gainey would not beat this...it would take D'agostini McDonagh/Subban and a 1st rounder. No thanks.
Actually we don't have a Colborne in our ranks. If Anaheim is not only going with a great prospect but also a need for a centerman with size....needless to say, we don't have it. But even as the quality of the prospect, after watching him in 2 games, Colborn is downright impressive for a freshman. His stats are great and his play is great as well. Only guy that could be compared to him is Subban and I'm NOT interested in trading him no matter what. So we don't have any other guys like that unless we would be willing to trade Pacioretty which we are also not ready to do. But I can tell you that with the stats and his play, Colborne would be our #1 prospect and prospect that we would be even more thrilled to have AHEAD of MaxPac (bold statement but that I really believe.)

So the key is Colborne 'cause who cares about Stuart when you'll have Pronger and then other D's in their system will fill the void in 2 or 3 years and the Boston 1st rounder will be really high. So it's the immediate present for the future. And as great as Colborne looks like, nothing is sure about how he'll do. It is still to me not enough 'cause I really had thought that Anaheim would not have done a firesale.

And it is minor, but getting Moen on top of that will make that team even more to play against.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote