View Single Post
Old
02-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
the play on the ice is frustrating enough, but the worse thing is nothing will change or even can change..

-Dallas is far to injured to not play some of the struggling players at the moment, and confidence is nearing where it was at the beginning of the season.

-trading for players is tough unless we give up major prospects because we are already over our internal budget and don't have any depth to trade - that being said nothing short of a major deal would really help the team anyways.

-The coach and GM's are perfectly safe because of their recent suspensions combined with the injury excuse.

I just want to see something done to shake up this team we still have a chance to make the playoffs but obviously not if this downward trend continues..
See, I don't want to see a shake-up because I think about 90 percent of the problems are injury-related, and a shake up that involved pieces that would be here next year would shake the foundation for when the injured guys get back.

With these types of injuries, the best thing to do is ride it out and only make minor changes (say... moving Lundqvist would be a minor move, moving Lehtinen not so much). It makes this season a bit of a write off, but when you've got three of your best players sidelined, two good depth players sidelines, other players playing through injury and other best players having missed months at a stretch, you just curse the hockey gods and make the best of it.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote