View Single Post
Old
03-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Look at Downie captaining Team Canada to a gold medal. I would imagine character is an issue when they select Team Canada. I know what you're getting at and yes...Downie was a risky pick but his skillset was that of a very good playmaker that could win battles along the wall while adding physicality. He was a prototypical Flyer who was involved in a hazing incident. I can't really take your headcase theory seriously until you show credentials that you can diagnose such things on a professional level. This would make you an "arm-chair Dr."
Sorry, not meaning to come off like an idiot but there were pros and cons to drafting Downie as well as the other guys mentioned. Some people agreed, some didn't and some were just indifferent because they hadn't seen enough of them. I fall into the last group as I usually do when it comes to the draft. Unless I've really seen a lot of said player.
When i am saying headcase i am not saying the guy has anxiety attacks or he is schizophrenic. I am saying he doesn't use his brain or has common sense when he is slashing referees. But if you think it makes me an armchair doctor then okay. I mean honestly what is your deal with trying to call out someones credibility? You come off as quite a pompous ass when you do that. Downie is his own worst enemy.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote