View Single Post
Old
03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
It's really funny how this board used to constantly, constantly complain about the need for a puckmoving D-man and now that we have a good one, everyone has to start complaining about cap hell.

I bet that if we had traded for Kaberle, a lot of these "cap hell" complaints would disappear. Does anyone even realize that Bouwmeester would make it even worse?

This team can get to the POs with the current cap situation and in the POs, the cap disappears and we're going to be icing an extremely competitive team.
The more I think about it, the more I realize the Bouwmeester thing is a pipe dream. Our cap is a mess and subtracting two players for one is going to kill our depth even more than it's already killed.

But the fact is we traded $1M Eminger for $3.5M Carle when we were already right up against the cap - saved only by LTIR.

For what it's worth, Eminger has produced more than Carle on a team that's scored 42 less goals than us. So yeah, we finally got that puck moving defenseman that isn't living up to his contract - the contract that ****ed our cap for the year.

Is Carle a terrible player? No. So don't waste your breath telling me I'm wrong about that. I know you love him. But the trade for Carle's contract really hurt this team when you consider the guy he was traded for makes 1/3rd the money and produces more.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote