View Single Post
Old
03-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Habarazzi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Subban, Gorges and a 1st rounder for Pronger?

If you think Pronger could be had that cheaply, you're crazy. The funniest part is, you think it's a bad deal for the Canadiens!

I don't see why you need to overpay (with a roster player like Higgins or Gorges). They can have any draft pick or D- prospect they want off our depth chart. We have D-men coming out of our wazooo ... NONE of you keyboard jockeys can sit there and tell me, who is and who isn't going to be a top end d-man in the future so it doesn't really matter if it's Suban, McDonough, OB or whoever .... One of the reasons you accumulate these assets is to use them in situations like this. There's only room for 6 or 7 dmen on the BIG club, what are we going to do with all af them in a year or two?

This wait 'till next year approach is getting stale .... Sometime you got to roll the dice and go for it. So what if it costs us one, two or three young players (i.e. NOT from the current roster)

Have you checked out the Bruins latest offer? IT DOES NOT INCLUDE a player of their current roster (i.e. Krejci or Kessel) - I don't see why the Canadiens have to overpay for any player that is discussed in any trade rumor. Personally, I like Bob Gainey's reluctance to give up players like Higgins.

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote