View Single Post
Old
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Opus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
In addition to having Gagne and Timonen, the Flyers have a bunch of maturing young guys that are ready to take that next step.
Of course they are maturing, but they are young. Not that that's a huge problem, but we've lost Kapanen, Hatcher, Smith and next up, Knuble? Were plugging along now, but I think these guys are more valuable come April and beyond.

I'd hazard to guess Gagne will be as good as gone once his deal expires.

Quote:
Besides, do we really know what it's like to have Knuble in the locker room? We know he's a nice guy and old, but everything beyond that is pure speculation and/or assumption.
Of course were speculating, but he does seem to be pretty popular based on what we do see.

Quote:
Believe me, I'd love to dump Briere's contract. However, I consider that option off the table until any indication is given that he would waive his NMC.
You and me both. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I don't see him for the complete duration of his contract.

Quote:
I don't see how it is. IMO, the Flyers have as good chance or better than any other team in the league. Really, saying it's a "pipe dream" makes it no different than any rumor around here.
The Flyers have some of the best peices in the league (especially if JVR get's thrown into the mix) to land his rights...but that doesn't mean were in the best position to sign him long term. Sure we can move enough salary to 'afford' him, but it it really 'affordable'?

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote