Old
03-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
just find Gainey`s stance hilarious.

In the last 5 years he has no brought in one player to help with the playoff push. This year he did bring in Schneider, but i will wait until we hit the playoffs before we call it a key aquisition. And a 40 year old player we got for 2 draft picks isnt exactly mindboggling.
In the last 3 years he has rid himself of Rivet, Huet, Theodore without getting any immediate impact.
He goes on and on about how we now have assets to trade and give up to make trades, yet all he does is deal with draft picks.

I realize the hand-cuffing of the salary cap right now, but the truth is this summer no one will sign here as per usual and we will still have the same problems. If Bob thinks he can go into the playoffs with this team and play against NJ, Phi or Bos in the first, we will be teeing off the first week of May.

Maybe he finds our lack of grit amusing, our dwarf like size down the middle, giving up 30 plus shots a night pleasurable for him, who knows.
What's more hilarious is the value that's placed on these 2 month rental players. It's nuts. These are real players we're dealing with.

I fully understand why Gainey is reluctant to send 3 or 4 assets to another team for 2 months of service from a single player. When you look at the epic failures that most of these rentals have been it makes sitting on the sidelines a reasonable choice.

Don't want to be looking like a fan of the Pens, Isles, or Thrashers in 2 years.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote