Thread: Skate Issue
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
TBLightningFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Skate Issue

I have been doing well in my skating class but am having an issue that may be related to my skate. Whenever I turn to my left or try to learn to cross my right foot over my left. That left skate is constantly wanting to start shaving ice rather than just go along with what I am doing. Especially the rear half of the blade. The skates have only been on the ice for a few hours.

Is it possible that the skate was not sharpened correctly? Or Is it more likely that I am doing something wrong?

My right skate I never seem to have this issue with. I always can seem to stay on an edge on that one. Left over right crossovers to the is my weakness at the moment, I can't seem to get my left foot over. I need to get one direction comfortable so I can at least pull of the technique so I can work on the other direction.

Hopefully someone here can understand my frustration. Its hard to learn to finally get comfy doing a crossover or any turn if nothing feels the same both directions.

TBLightningFan is offline   Reply With Quote