Thread: OT: Where's the love?
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2009, 10:17 AM
BigBanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
What about the trades we clearly walked out on top? Do they count, for anything???

The coach is the coach, he's in charge until Holmgren/Snider say otherwise. Am I his biggest fan, no, I'm not. Do I hate and despise him, not even close. The fact of the matter is, he's more qualified to the job. Nothing personal, but I like my chances with Stevens as coach more than BigBanger, and Holmgren as GM than yourself.

Since you have it all figured it, and it's so easy...go do it. Send in your application, your resume....print off your trade lost from NHL09 and show them what you're made of. You could make millions...doing such an easy job. Why don't you?

In life, you win some, and you lose some. The Devils have had a hell of a year, and for that they deserve credit. You all like to look over fence and say look it him...look at them...and believe (in your minds) that the grass is greener on the other side.

Look at the Islanders, the Leafs, the Thrashers...the list goes on.

I don't share the Jones hatred as you, and many others here...but if you actually thought they were waive Jones when Ossi had been riding the pres box the last two weeks...you're dilusional (with all do respect).

Furthermore, if Ossi is that capable...why the **** wasn't he playing in the league lastyear? Why did nobody trade for him, if indeed...he is THAT good.

I don't like the deal either, but who knows what else was behind it. Like I've said a million times, we don't know the inner workings of the team...or the how exactly the players mold with one another off the ice.

Again, hindsight is 20/20. Sure right now I would rather Eminger...but it's easy to look back on it and compare later. I do remember a lot of people pretty excited when Carle came here. Not that we can look back on stats and see Eminger making more noise for half less money...people cry over it. Give me a break.

Same moron that coached the Phantoms to the Calder Cup?

Same moron that coached the team to the ECF?

Same moron that our young kids are flourishing under?

Same moron???

Let's look at the positives...they are many.

Briere was a stupid move??? Not the player, not the dollar amount, but the length of the contract most certainly was unecessary. Fact.

Answer me this...do you think the Flyers do their best to put the best product on the ice?

I'm sure every single team has doubts. Look at the Red Wings and their goaltending. I guess Ken Holland is inept, huh?

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas” - Ever heard that one? If Timonen didn't get a blood clot and Coburn hurt his eye...we could have beaten the Pens. If Lindros wasn't concussed...If we got Cujo instead of the Beezer...if, if, if...

Jesus christ.

Is this in the NHL, or is this on your XBox...PS3?

Of course that looks good, but it's a pipe dream. If you think the above roster is realistic...send me some of what you're smoking.

The Sharks lost to the Canadiens too, who cares? If you think were win every game...and win them with ease...you're crazy.

Of note, the Red Wings lost to the Preds 8-0.

Both of those teams (Red Wings & Sharks) are ranked higher than us to win the Cup.

I watch every single game, and like I said a bunch of times...no team is perfect. I opt to look at the positives and I think the positives far outweight the negatives.

If you don't feel that way, that's your choice.
Spoken like a true flyer drink the cool-aid Coatsy fan.

BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote