View Single Post
Old
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I know you were trying to make a point, but you did a ****** job making it.

Tell me, who did Colorado have anchoring their blueline when they won the Cup a few seasons before the failed one you're talking about? Rob Blake, Ray Bourque and Adam Foote. Who'd they have on offense? The list goes on and on with good-to-star players.....

So I'm just saying, if you're going to use a team without star power, don't use the Avs from that year, lol, they're were packed with stars.
Ok there green giant... I was saying that adding a big name Free agent or trading for a big name player won't make your team INDESTRUCTIBLE. We have a very solid defense, so why would the Devils give up a roster player, a prospect and a 1st round pick for a STUD d-men ?!?!? Did the Avalanche win the SCP when they signed Selanne, Kariya and company... i don't think so. They won the cup with players that were already in the organisation since a couple of years and acquired Ray Bourque for Rolston and a 1st. If Lou can land one of the best d-men in hockey (cause Bourque was just that at the moment of the trade) for a roster player + a pick... he would do it right away but in today's business, you couldn't even get a sub-par UFA for that price.

For god's sakes.... Burke is asking a 1st round pick for ANTROPOV !!!

B.T.W. Derreck Morris doesn't fit the mold of a STUD d-men.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote