View Single Post
Old
08-27-2004, 11:46 AM
borro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Borro, you keep saying Witt is what the Sens need. They're defense is fine in terms of toughness. Chara, Phillips, deVries, and Volchenkov are all very tough players, and Redden is tough and can take anything dished out to him.

I also believe Witt would be the #4 at best on the Sens. He is no better than Phillips and even maybe deVries, when on top of his game, is as good as Witt at the top of his game.
I don't mean to imply that they have glaring weaknesses. They are a top defensive team. Let's be clear that is my feeling. Witt ADDS to the team by being a 2nd pair dman. Redden was what -5? He could use a guy like Witt. I think they would sign him to a 3 year deal in a matter of weeks. Witt is closer to Phillips then most people think. He does represent an upgrade who will likely hit the floor running. He does not rely on knowing his teammates. He hits everything that moves.

I see 2 ways to upgrade the missing grit. One is to upgrade forwards. Another way is to add grit on defense. I think you can help in that way to. Witt isn't a scorer but he does keep the offensive zone alive. I see him as better than Devries.