View Single Post
Old
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
StanleyCH25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
that's who got the job now

he talks about trades with other gms on the telephone the genius gainey told the press today
Ummm.. no. Gainey is a GM not an armchair GM. His decisions actually matter while as ours mean nothing.

As far as I'm concerned, Schneider was an excellent pickup and he got him for cheap ahead of this bust of a deadline. The only player I would have cared for is Jokinen and it looks like Calgary had the cap space and offer that Phoenix was looking for. I mean, seriously, this is practically the same team as last year except for Streit being gone and Tanguay being added. We picked up Schneider to fill Streit's role (a shot on the point) and Tanguay should be back soon. Unfortunately Lang is injured but everything else is pretty much identical so who says this team can't turn it around. They're struggling. Everyone is struggling. Then again, we've struggled with injuries all year long which was not an issue last year. Who knows if most of these players are playing at 100%. I doubt it considering how many injuries we've had.

StanleyCH25 is offline   Reply With Quote