Old
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
Honestly first glance I was pissed...

The hawks needed another center, but one who can contribute a bit offensively as well. It seems Tallon panicked after losing out on Vermette and Moore.

But the more I think about it...

It would be tough to keep Wiz after this season and this seems like a vote of confidence for Cam Barker who was in a million rumours to be out today. This also brings in some playoff experience and checking forward to really lead our third line against the other teams top clubs... I just dont like how our team matches up against Vancouver who we'll see in the first round.

I agree Pahlsson was a big part of the ducks run but it also helped that he was part of a great unit with Moen-Pahlsson-R.Nieds in Chicago he'll probably be with Eager and Burish unless Coach Q completely blows up the lines...
There are only 2 options until Sharp gets healthy. He will either take over Fraser's slot and play with Eager and Burish or he will play with Versteeg and Byfuglien.

The Byfuglien-Versteeg line wont work because his lack of offensive talent would hurt there production and thus turn us into a 2 line team. So how will or playoff lines look?

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Ladd-Bolland-Havlat
Brouwer-Versteeg-Byfuglien
Eager-Pahlsson-Burish

Those actually dont look too bad for playoff lines but i still dont buy Versteeg as a C

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote