View Single Post
Old
03-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Does anyone know the exact conditions of the pick? I've heard that it's a 4th by default and could be a 2nd if SJ makes the finals, but other reports talk about the round also being tied to whether San Jose or Anaheim signs players (I'm unsure if Anaheim refers to them signing Moen or Huskins, or if it is tied to the prospects, both of whom I think are unsigned)

It would be nice to have some clarity on how that sorts out

Quote:
There were five stipulations attached to the deal between the clubs:

1. In the event San Jose qualifies for the 2009 Stanley Cup Final, then San Jose will transfer Buffalo's second-round draft pick in the 2009 Draft (previously acquired), instead of San Jose's 4th round draft pick in 2011.

2. In the event San Jose re-signs one or both of Moen or Huskins for the 2009-10 season, then San Jose will also transfer its own fourth-round pick in the 2012 Draft.

3. In the event Anaheim re-signs one or both of Moen or Huskins for the 2009-10 season, then Anaheim will transfer its own fourth-round draft pick in the 2011 Draft.

4. In the event San Jose and Anaheim each sign one of the above players for the 2009-10 season, then the transfers referenced in 2 and 3 are cancelled out.

5. The transfer by San Jose of its fourth-round draft pick in 2011 (or Buffalo's 2nd round draft pick in 2009) is conditioned on both Moen or Huskins playing at least one (1) game (regular season or playoffs) for San Jose during the 2008-09 season.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=412358

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote