View Single Post
Old
03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

vCash: 500
Higgins back to center?

Before I start, I know this has been tried before and didn't really work out all too well. But Higgins has been struggling to find his touch as it seems the injuries have take a toll on him this season (though he is still working very hard). However, we have just two offensive centers with nine offensive wingers as supporting cast.

Higgins has fared decent in the face-off circle this season (thought in a very limited sample size). He's taken just over 50 face-offs and has posted a 51% success rate.

However, before, Higgins was counted on as a key offensive contributor.. but do you think he could be a decent center who backchecks hard and plays good defense?

If we tried this, it would allow us to move Metropolit to the wing (sorry Stewart!) on the checking line. I'd imagine a line-up somewhat like;

Alex Tanguay - Saku Koivu - Matt D'Agostini
Andrei Kostitsyn - Tomas Plekanec - Alex Kovalev
Max Pacioretty - Christopher Higgins - Sergei Kostitsyn
Glen Metropolit - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Kostopoulos

If the Habs decide not to bring Sergei up, we could let Kosto ride tat line until Latendresse returns from injury.

I think Pacioretty has shown that he plays a good overall game and backchecks hard.. Higgins is solid defensively and if he can hold up in the face-off circle, he may work.. and Sergei would give the line a playmaker.. if he does well, we keep him in the lineup (he was great in the playoffs last year) and we can re-unite the line that we loved because Lats injury of Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos.

Yay or nay?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote