Thread: Line Combos: Lines after the deadline
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2009, 09:48 AM
itstheroc87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Stevens like to make his lines into three man groups where each has a specific role. The three roles are the crease guy, the shooter and the set-up guy.

The first line this is easy to see with Knuble screening goalies and basically standing in front of or in the crease, Gags shooting and Richie setting both up.

I like this concept but somehow hit isn't really working out, mostly because we didn't have a third crease guy beside Knuble and Hartnell. The questions is whether Carcillo can fill that role.

I'd also like to change up the Carter line because Lupul is more of a shooter than a set-up guy and to be honest, the line has been quite cold recently. I think putting Giroux on Carter's wing could make some Magic happen.

Further I'd replace Richards with Brière on the top line. While this line is working out quite well, I think Richie would have an easier time making things happen with Carcillo and Lupul than Brière will.

I would make the lines the following:
Gagné - Brière - Knuble
Hartnell - Carter - Giroux
Carcillo - Richards - Lupul
Cote - Powe - Asham

this is what i was thinking... each of the top 3 lines gets a goal scorer, a set up guy, and a little bit of grit. Richards will still get his 20-22 minutes a game, plus he will definitely bring out more production in lupul and carcillo....

edit: realized i just copied everything you said....i didnt read your post, i just saw the lines you had....

Last edited by itstheroc87: 03-05-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: plagerism
itstheroc87 is offline   Reply With Quote