View Single Post
Old
03-05-2009, 11:24 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
I consider Chipchura to be key if we plan on making a serious run without Lang. The reality is we need a big centerman who can make offensive plays. God bless the metropolits of the world, but the guy is undersized, and can't make offensive plays. Chipchura is certainly a defensive minded player, but he is also a guy who can make a nice pass, and shoot the puck and pick a corner. he may be in Hamilton now, but I'm hoping he gets a shot, and runs with it by playoff time. One of the issues this team has, is that we have about 10 quality NHL wingers, and 8 of them are top 3 line caliber. But we only have 2 centers who can play an offensive game, and a 3rd centerman in Lapierre, who is most effective on a 4th line. Chipchura like Lapierre, can contribute with timely offense, provides some grit, and plays a strong defensive game. I also see chips as a guy who would step it up and succeed in a playoff type game. If he gets that chance the lines I'd like to see would be:

Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Pacioretty-Chipchura-D'Agostini

The 3rd line would be reuniting a line that was good for us before Lats went down, and the 4th line a kid line, but if Carbo feels more comfortable having a vet with Chips and Pac, flip Kosto and D'Ago. Also all 4 LW can be moved around to switch things up if needed, though I'd keep Tanguay with either Pleks or Koivu...

Ideally Lang would come back playoff time and pick up where he left off, but if not, I hope we give chips a chance.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote