View Single Post
Old
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I should write down the names of all these posters ready to give up on a 21 year old goalie in his first real pro season. Unbelievable.

What does that have to do with anything??? He's Carey frigging Price....he's the future of the Habs and the #1 goalie without doing one damn thing to earn the position....so he must be good enough to play and handle the pressure...right???

People need to stop making excuses for the kid. I never seen so much hype around a player in my life. It's not our fault he can't live up to it.

Gainey made a huge mistake by just handing the #1 position to Price. He should have kept Huet, used Halak as the backup and left Price in Hamilton where he could develop properly and earn the #1 job with his effort and time spent in the AHL.

He never proved anything in the AHL or the NHL yet. Joining the Bulldogs in the playoffs when they are hot and winning a Calder Cup doesn't mean anything to me. If he would have played a full year in Hamilton and been with the team through their slumps and then won the Calder Cup....that would be a lot different.

I have made enough excuses for Price....its time for him to get his head in the game and start playing like a #1 goalie instead of a rotten backup letting 5 goals in a game!!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote