Thread: Line Combos: With Tanguay's return on Saturday
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2009, 02:45 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Tanguay - Koivu - D'Agostini
- the line was on fire before Tanguay's injury. Let's see if they can get it back.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kovalev
- we need to move Kostitsyn from this line. Kovalev and Pleks have been working well together lately, but Andrei has been invisible. Pacioretty gives this line a really hard worker.

Higgins - Lapierre - A. Kostitsyn
- similar to the Higgins - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn line that was so good a few years ago. i know that Lapierre doesn't have the offensive tools Plekanec does, but he's a hard worker and good things will come. I also think that giving Kostitsyn control of his own line will let him prove how effective he can be. I think Higgins could return to goal scoring form with Kostitsyn's skill surrounding him.

Stewart - Metropolit - Kostopoulos
- Pretty decent energy line, though Metropolit doesn't quite fit the bill. We really need a shutdown line center, but Gainey failed to pick up on a Pahlsson type player. Either way, for a fourth line, this could be great. Only Kostopoulos should play more than 10 minutes though.

Markov - Komisarek
- lets face it, since Scheinder joined our club, we have looked worse defensively. Even if our PP is better, we need to change it up in the back end. this pairing worked for so long that we might as well give it a shot.

Hamrlik - O'Byrne
- O'Byrne looked great during his last stint with the club. it was sad to see him sent down, but he's back now. i'd definitely give him his spot back on the 2nd pairing with Hammer, hopefully he can play like he did last time

Gorges - Scheinder
- by default, this is what we have left. we need all our d-men to step up, but this could quietly be the best 3rd pairing in all of hockey.

Halak
- plain and simple, he's winning games at a crucial time.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote