Thread: Confirmed Trade with Link: [TOR/TB] Petiot for Kolzig, Rogers, Heward, 4th
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2009, 03:29 PM
AlMo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossaHavlatGiguere View Post
Thats pretty much somes it up. My question is what is Toronto doing with Kolzig (Isn't he out for the remainder of the season), Joseph and Gerber on the same team. Why not give Pogge the rest of season to show what he can do. Maybe they are have a sorts of try out for a back up or experienced netminder for next year if Toskala is shopped.
Kolzig is done for the season and so is his contract so I don't know whats so confusing about Ollie. Joseph can't handle the workload. Sure he would help the Leafs tank but Cujo is not prepared to take on the remaining 20 games. Gerber is brought in to play out the season. Pogge's place is with the Marlies. I would have liked to see Pogge get the final 20 games to see if he can handle the everyday grind of the NHL but Burke probably feels it's better for him to be involved in more meaningful games with the Marlies and Burke also didn't want to screw the Marlies out of their starter either.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote