View Single Post
Old
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post

Schneider will never get 5M$ again. He said he'd like to end his career in Montreal, so why hit the market to go elsewhere? At the age of 40, he surely has enough money in bank and looks like he want to have fun as long as possible.

Koivu is no more a 2nd line player who can play there and stay there a year long. Make up your mind.

If Komisarek wants 5M$ a year, he can go scrap his career in Long Island. I'd givemore to a Ohlund or a Bouwmeester instead.
While I agree Schnieds has seen the big payday for the last time, I am not sure what you meant with the Koivu comment. Koivu will be our most valuable Vet next season, one that young guys will look to and follow. He has a great work ethic and Team first attitude you want others to emulate. Pay him 3-3.5 and give him second line duty. He won't be able to play shut down center and I would be very disappointed if they asked to play 4th line minutes or role. Komisarek probably will get 4 - 5 m and rightfully so, when he plays well he is a beast, he is one of the top defensive d-men in the league, let's toss because he hit a rough patch? I hope our younger players never read the stuff people write about them in here.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote