July 1 2009 : Bob can't let us down this time
View Single Post
03-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
Here's my preliminary analysis.
Do not consider the lines set in stone, then are just what I put together real quick.
Also consider some players still to bounce between AHL and NHL.
- Sign Koivu and Tanguay to 1 year deals
- 2 year extension for Pleks and Higgins
- Standard Gainey 2 year extention to RFAs (D'Ago, Chipchura, Lats)
- Sign Jaybo (Yeah I know it might be a bit undershooting his value)
- With the unease about the cap situation I tried to avoid longterm deal that might tie the team down.
I understand were you're coming from. But the one thing you never mention is leadership. That is Koivu's most valuable asset at this point.
This team has been called out many times on it's "lack" of leadership. With Koivu gone, if the team falters at ANY point fingers will instantly be pointed at the leadership department.
I think Gainey can re-sign Koivu and especially Tanguay cheaper than that what your offering.
Tanguay is no where worth $5 million per (maybe $4 at the most), and Koivu to me should be at 3-3.5 million per.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by RE-HABS