View Single Post
Old
03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Weztex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgidequebec View Post
I think that he would be in there already this season if not for the way the Remparts are playing. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Just what is so bad about loading up on Quebec born players...it worked back in the day.
As Robinson, Durnan, Morenz, Dryden, Blake, Lach, Gainey, Shutt worked back in the day. Having Quebec born players doesn't guarantee any success. Having good players does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccliquer View Post
Honestly, I think you need to fire your coach, he has not done a good job this year. And maybe move away from the French-only coaches for awhile if there are more qualified non-French candidates available. The city is bilingual, I don't understand why it's such a problem to have an English-speaking coach. Maybe that's an ignorant thing to say, but it seems like you're passing up better coaches continually, which ultimately hurts the team.
This. I think real habs fans wouldn't care less about having an english coach. The media and the casual fan would inevitably bash such a move. The Habs did pass some good candidates in the last 15 years in favour of local guys, some of them with no coaching experience at all (Tremblay, Carbonneau). The organization seems to suffer from a lot of pressure from the media and from a big part of the population. Unfortunately, most of this population are only casual fans and used to follow the habs under Bowman. I don't think die hard fans or the younger generation would mind about that.

Weztex is offline   Reply With Quote