Thread: Line Combos: Next years line up
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2009, 02:54 PM
CPrice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Since I think it's unlikely we'll be able to add a true number 1 center via trade, I think it would be in the best interest of the club, to try and roll 4 lines that can do it all. I think we will end up bringing back Koivu and Kovalev, and for bargain prices as well, considering there ages and years. I also think we'd be wise to bring in Franzen, who has great size, and would fit in nicely with our centerman group.

I'd then look to roll these 4 lines:

Higgins-Franzen-Kovalev (Franzen brings us some much needed size to the center spot, and while not being a true #1 center, he is a quality scoring line center. If he and Kovalev can find some chemistry, we are in some great shape. Higgins would be the effort and defensive presence guy, who is also capable offensively)

SKostitsyn-Plekanec-AKostitsyn (The bros and Pleks. I've wanted to see this for about 3 years. Speed and more speed, and lots of skill and creativity. This is assuming Sergei gets his act together)

Pacioretty-Koivu-D'Agostini (I can just envision this line having chemistry, and think koivus veteran presence would be a nice fit between two young guys he's shown chemistry with in the past. All three guys are creative offensively, and all three have very different games that could combine nicely. Hopefully the youngsters can keep Koivu rejuvanted)

Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos (This line had some success, and would be atop notch "4th line", though in reality much more than that. We'd roll 4 lines consistently if this was our 4th, and this is the energy line)
I'd drop Kovalev for Tanguay. Also I think Sergei is going to rebound so I like the look of that lineup.
Also realilistically I couldn't see us landing Franzen, maybe Lang will be back for another 1 year deal until we can figure something out? ( I know its a stretch)

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote