View Single Post
Old
03-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Alex28*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -hollywòód- View Post
Why would we ever trade that much for Kovalchuk? You cant be serious with that proposal. I dont even know what else to say..just ridiculous.,.
Because, I don't know, Kovalchuk is easily the 2nd best sniper in the league, perhaps that's a sufficient reason? We're not talking about the average top line wing here.

His past 5 seasons were, broken down - 2 50 goal seasons, 2 40 goal seasons, a 38 goal season. Playing for the thrashers. Centered by Malkin, with a decent winger that can take care of a play, 60 or even 70 isn't out of the question. He's 4th in the league in goals this year, half of it being on a line with guys who make Talbot look like a hall of fame playmaker. He also hits pretty damn well and isn't exactly a fan of losing. Has a pretty good all around game he throws out whenever his offense isn't clicking enough to justify his worth. Deservedly captain of Russia's national team in 2010. And still 25.

Hell, you saw what Hossa could do with Crosby. Kovalchuk is 5 years younger and has only 44 less goals in his career. I may be biased, but I see Kovalchuk Malkin as the 2nd best possible tandem in the world, after Ovechkin Malkin.

His value is more or less in the same range as that of Lecavalier, Heatley, or Iginla. Probably higher than all of them given his age and accomplishments for his age.

And whoever said Staal and Goligoski alone would do it, yeah... in the same universe where Backstrom and Alzner gets you Malkin.

Yeah, if Waddel offers Kovalchuk for Staal, Letang, Caputi and a 1st I take it and run. Then run some more. Then put him on a line with Malkin and watch god **** his pants.

Last edited by Alex28*: 03-06-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote