View Single Post
Old
03-07-2009, 01:25 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I've had some pretty good times on the ice.
One I remember is when I was 6 years old in a tournament in Cape Cod as a mite in my 1st year.
Our team was pretty bad, at least in comparison to these teams...not terrible but they were better. Anyway, I lost my stick (must have fallen down) and for whatever reason I couldn't pick it up with my glove. I tried a few times but couldn't get it so instead of just trying to pick it up over and over again, I decided to just leave it, and I skated down the ice as fast as possible to try to catch up to the play. The kid on their team ended up getting a partial break away but I somehow caught him, dove in front of him and blocked the shot saving a goal. We still lost like 5-0 or something, but after the play was over and the whistle blew I skated down the ice to get my stick and the opposing coach yelled out "great play #7" which I'll always remember.
Then my coach turned to my dad (the assistant coach) and said "he's been watching the NHL too much" haha.
Definitely not my most glorious moment on the ice or anything like that as I've been on some really good teams that won some good tournaments and stuff like that, but this moment I will always remember.

Also, just to follow up on what another poster said about teaching his kids, I've been teaching private lessons to these kids, 5 and 8 (I'm 21 now) and it is seriously the most awesome thing. Watching them improve and love hockey is so cool, so if anyone has the opportunity to coach, or teach hockey or anything, it really is great, especially for the little guys.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote