Thread: Riley Cote...
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Opus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Yes, when he signed it was reported that he took a paycut to get a one-way contract. It is actually a three year, one-way contract worth $550K per season.

Cote will stay in the lineup for the remainder of the season mostly because of his low caphit, Kalinski for example earns around $800K. If the Flyers replace Cote with Kalinski, they would lose the capspace they got from the Upshall trade. That capspace is important as it allows to call up players without putting someone on IR or shuffling the lineup (for example replacing Giroux with Ross).

Once the playoffs start the salary cap isn't operative and the Flyers can add as many players as they want. Someone like Kalinski or Ross will play instead of Cote at the 4th line.
Makes sense, it's not like it's a serious cap hit. Holmgren is just to loyal, which is both good and bad.

Yeah, I would imagine has a approx 18 games left this season.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRiles View Post
Holy hell, I hope Carcillo won't be put down to 4th line just 'cause he can fight, he's really skilled player also.

Also, would you guys like to see Flyers winning the cup Red Wings -style or Ducks -style?
Asham is on the 4th line, and he can fight. Carcillo plays the 3rd (where I suspect he'll stay) and he can fight.

So long as they win, like Charlie says...who cares? Does it really matter?

Frankly, I like my chances of winning with less short handed situations. Yes, were good on the PK, but it's going to start burning us sooner or later.

Last edited by Opus: 03-07-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote