View Single Post
Old
03-07-2009, 08:40 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
He snapped at Zipay as well. I know something about "I don't give a dam about your stats." It sounds like he's setting a precident right away with Zipay. Brooks, he already took care of. Who's from the Daily News? Well he probably learned vicariously back in that Tampa/Debs series.
There is no link to this conversation is there? I mean, not just reading it. I would love to watch that post practice interview. It figures. Everything Renney said, the Rangers website always provided fans with the video footage. I guess maybe the convo will show up on youtube one day.
Michael Obernauer. Seems like he takes it all with a good sense of humor. Here's how he reported the same incident:

Quote:
More to come between now and that matinee on Sunday that, oh yeah, will be Sean Avery's return to the Garden in a Blueshirt. Speaking of matinees, Tortorella had an interesting take: "I think the boys like afternoon games, because you don't have to wait around. That's the worst part about the game of hockey is you have your morning skate, you have meetings, it allows coaches to over-coach, you have all day long to talk about it. It's an instinctive game, and I think that's a great thing for coaches and players, because you get right at it."

Okay, but what about the Rangers' 0-5 record in afternoon games this season? "I don't give a damn about your stats," he said. "I'm not a big stat guy."

I know where he's coming from. Last week when my editors asked me why I filed a 3,000-word game story when we only had space for 600, I told them: Don't ask me, I'm not a big stat guy.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...v-to-take.html

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote