View Single Post
Old
03-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Jake16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The Joikinen deal doesn't look that great to me. Lombardi has blinding speed but the jury is still out if he will ever become an effective top 6 player. Prust, well, tough guys that aren't that tough and who already have a pretty major concern about concussions, aren't worth much. And that first rounder? 20th? Later? Sure it's an asset but history shows that it's more likely to be a marginal player than a star.

And all that for a legitimate #1 centre with good size. These 3 for 1 trades almost always just mean you are diluting a hard to get asset into 3 assets that anybody can get. I think Sutter won this trade.
I agree. I think the key is whether Maloney can trade that first for an established top 6 forward that can be in the lineup next season. Maybe on draft day. In my opinion, you can't trade your number 1 center (Jokinen) for a first next season, when you need as you say "hard" players now. Coyotes have a great lineup of young prospects and picks, but that first won't skate for the Yotes for 3-4 years. Maloney needs to transform that asset into a number one center now. Theres definitely a hole without both Jokinen and Keith Ballard in the lineup that needs to be filled immediately, not in 4 years.

No one in Phx understands getting Brust. Dime a dozen player. Would've rather had a low pick.

Matthew Lombardi definietly has potential, but doesn't replace Jokinen by himself.

Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote