View Single Post
Old
03-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
That. Well, just about that. Bolded players I hope will be different, but Cheechoo might indeed prove a great gamble.
I'd like to retain Scuds rather than Eaton, who - if we can deal him - I would like to replace with a more physical guy who can play second pairing defense. Still high on Witt for that position, and I think he and Letang could develop into something pretty nasty together. Hopefully Eaton keeps his present form going and creates a market for himself.
Now that Eaton seems to be fully recovered, I don't have much hesitation in saying that he's better than Scuds. He basically brings all the same traits, except that he's a better skater, can actually initiate a breakout, and sustain some offensive pressure. That's vital for Bylsma's style, and Scuds is a little too slow-footed and gets hemmed in his zone too easily for my liking.

Witt would be nice, but he's going to have a 3 mil cap hit for the next 2 years, and we'd have to part with decent assets to acquire him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I think Ben Lovejoy has got to be given his opportunity in the NHL next season. He's already 25 years old. It'll be now or never for him next year imo.
Agreed. But I think he should be worked in as a 7th dman and maybe have him as a #5-6 come '10-'11.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote