View Single Post
Old
03-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Frankenheimer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Anyways, there's no point in replying back and forth since you're obviously not going to get the point of this thread.
I understand the point of your thread. Your argument basically suggests that there is and has always been a pool of great, non-bilingual coaches available that the franchise basically ignores. While this may be true, you have to show that this has been a big problem (24 cups says no) and that our lack of recent success is directly related to this. We've recently had some bad coaches, but the majority of coaches in the NHL are unsuccessful. There are very few elite coaches. Our recent coaches, I would argue, are among the more successful in the league (Therrien, Julien, Vigneault). Our current coach was runner up for coach of the year last year.

Therefore, I guess I just don't agree with your assumption that hiring bilingual coaches is a big problem, because the one's we've had have been among the better ones, and there is no imaginary pool of great coaches available out there that would blow away the ones we've gone with. Neither Nolan nor Renney have been close to winning a cup. These are the guys we're missing out on? I understand the point of your thread, I just strongly disagree with its logic and, I would add, the connotations.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote