View Single Post
Old
03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
SkullSplitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
Sykora's agent said that he will ask 10.5M for 3yrs, so it's 3.5 cap hit per year..

NO WAY, I would pay that money for Sykora..I like him, I would like to see him in Penguins next season but 3.5M for Sykora who is gettin older and older is ridiculous !!!

I rather let Sykora go and sign Fedotenko for 2M per year..

It was written on TIOPS that Gonchar would sign the new 3year deal for 3.5-3.8M per season..

I know that it's just a rumor, but if Gonchar could sign for 3.8M, there's no way to sign Sykora for the almost same money..

I still think that Staal will be traded in the off-season..I think something like Staal+ for Horton+...the young long-term signed for the young long-term signed...

Or try to sign some FA, Gionta as a 1st line winger and Kovalev as a 2nd line winger..
Well remember 3.8 million wouldn't kick in until 2010. A big reason why it could be 3.8 million is because the cap will drop pretty considerably. Anyways that number would be huge for the Pens and would really help them re-sign Letang- who I think will get Suter numbers, regardless of the cap going down.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote