View Single Post
Old
03-07-2009, 12:36 PM
the_speedster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Moore is a far superior defensive player? wow speedster, slow the **** down, you are going too fast and not seeing the right stuff.
nope.. I've watched both. Moore was used as a third/fourth liner (with occasional appearances with crosby). Every time I saw him play I saw heart.. hustle and effort.. period. He's a guy who's transformed his effort into a mutli million dollar salary and a trade in exchange for a SECOND round draft pick, years after being cast as a fourth liner.

Again, If the pens desire was for a maximum effort giving defensive forward who could support the offense when needed then why not keep a cheaper (as of then) player who as of now is on pace to score as many points as staal?

I don't buy the time argument (mainly cause I haven't seen any change in his "mental" game) Not ONE time have I EVER seen jordan staal attempt to impose his body and will in a play. Instead their supposed great defensive stopper is bounced around by guys as small as eric perrin.

I have tried to buy the defense presence argument but its bull.... complete and utter ********, brought about because therrien fell inlove with his height and wingspan.. great and all but it doens't help when I see him repeatedly beat to, and out of the puck

takeaways? He's not even in the top 100! The aforementioned eric perrin had 34 to place 98th. "Incredible defensive players" like ryan malone, martin hanzal, tyler arnason and todd white are in the top 50.

Defensive anchor my ass

What is jordan staal bringing to the pens honestly? He's been healthy for the past 3yrs.. scored pretty well (even to his surprise) yet once the league took him seriously?..

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote