View Single Post
Old
03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

vCash: 500
The two I'm dissapointed in is Kostitsyn over Getzlaf or Carter. Getzlaf dropped in the draft for some reason as he was suppose to go higher and Carter wasn't suppose to go that high (was ranked more in the 20's). i really like Andrei just thought Getzlaf was a great pick for us. Kostitsyn still turn out to be good so we can't complain that much.

And Fischer over Berglund or Giroux (or even Sanguinetti if we really wanted a D). I liked Fischer and still do just think passing over Berglund or Giroux is something we should'nt have done.

Another that I was'nt happy at and I think most were is the Urquhart pick. Not saying Bergeron or Weber would have been my pick (thats way to easy to say) it's just the Urquhart pick that was terrible. I would'nt have been dissapointed in Hennesy for example even if he did'nt become very good either, just that I wasn't a fan of Urquhart at all.

What makes is hard for Timmins is that he isn't allowed to make a mistake. We aren't able to attrack UFA here to fill some holes that we might have and making trades (even if Gainey gets bash alot for) isn't that easy at all, more so with the cap in place. Most teams get to sign UFA to fill some holes but it is a big problem for us unless we overpay even more than most teams but then we get in cap trouble then. Not a perfect world lol.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote