View Single Post
Old
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Ovechkin will retire as the best goal scorer in the 21st Century.
Malkin will retire having an incredibly strong career as Top 5 for most of his career.
Crosby will have a similar career as Malkin but with a lot more pressure.

That is pretty much as to how I look at it. The problem with Crosby/Malkin is that they are both centermen who really are not that good at the faceoff circle but they really can't play another position. They are also on a team that really doesn't provide them with that much winger support, or as much as they'd need. Finally, with Jordan Staal playing third line, it would be best if one of them (likely Malkin) found a new team and Pittsburgh got back the type of young, future superstar wingers they would need to support Crosby/Malkin and Staal in the Top 6.

Ovechkin is a winger and because of that, he can do a lot of it himself and doesn't face the same sort of pressure. Different positions create different roles, which is why a debate between them is unfair.

I still believe that Sidney Crosby has the best upside out of the three, he just needs the right people around him. I think Pittsburgh completely dropped the ball in giving him the right support.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote