View Single Post
Old
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Spitfire11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
A few random thoughts while the wife gets ready to go out:

- I believe it's Blachford, not Blanchford. he was very high on my list. I really wanted to get him; unfortunately, I wanted at least six players more than him Outstanding top line glue guy for the AAA draft.
I believe you're right. I've come across both about 50/50 but it looks like it's inscribed Blachford on the Cup. I'll change it.

Quote:
- Getlaf I'm not too sure of, and that's not necessarily a dig at him. With newer players like him, I find it a little tough to judge when he's at that point where he finally belongs. He's certainly not the only post-lockout player to be taken before, and he is not the worst either.
Meh, I figure he's better right now/past few seasons than most others have ever been in their careers and he has the credentials with a Cup while leading his team in scoring and being a Smythe worthy candidate, which I don't think many other post-1918 picks will have. Then he's also been very good in international play with 32 points in 21 games at the WJC/WC with 2 Golds and a Silver. He's also never finished the season as a minus player in either the NHL or juniors, and he brings great size up front at 6'4.

I think he makes a great 2nd line centre in this thing, especially when you consider he's had a lot of his success getting 2nd line minutes unlike most of the players who end up being 2nd line centres here but needed top line minutes during their careers to have success.

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote