View Single Post
Old
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stone View Post
Did Tommy Cross play in the game, too, and if so, how bad did he look?

I hope he doesn't become another wasted 2nd-round pick like Alexandrov, but I didn't like throwing away a 3rd-rounder just to move up a relatively few spots to take him, esp. when he might very well have been available with that same 3rd-rounder.
First of all- I wouldn't call Alexandrov a "wasted" pick. The Bruins still own his rights and he's put two very good seasons in Russia together back-to-back, this year all the more impressive because of all the time he missed to an injured shoulder. The lack of a transfer agreement does not mean Alexandrov is finished as a Bruins prospect. It just means that it will take more creativity to sign him and get him over. Nikita Filatov is playing for Columbus and in their system, so why not Alexandrov? He turns 21 in June.

As Bobcat said- Cross did not play in the game the other night. Had another knee injury which is obviously a major concern at this point. It was one of the worst games I've seen from a BC team in a long time, though. No discipline, no one taking the body when the puck was in close, just an overall listless performance at crunch time when they had held a 1-0 lead for most of the game.