Thread: Hf Rankings....
View Single Post
Old
08-30-2004, 09:03 PM
in the hall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken McKenna
It would appear that the real complaint here is that the Rangers page is deteriorating, rather than the entire site. While I will apologize slightly for the lack of articles on the Rangers page over the past few months, I do think we have a couple of writers in place who will pick up the pace a bit.

Of course, it took us about 25-to-30 applications from people supposedly interested in writing for the Rangers page before we actually found a couple that would produce at least a few articles.

Oddly enough, we seem to have the most difficult time finding writers for teams in the big markets, such as NY. I think it may be a case of Big City Syndrome- those interested only want to write about the NHL club, rather than the team's prospects. That was a problem with some of the previous writers for the Rangers page, which is why some of them aren't writing for this page anymore.

Writing about the prospects rather than the NHL clubs is what we do here at HF. That has been the case since the site began, and will continue to be the focus going forward.

As for no responses to e-mails, where are you sending those? I respond to all reader complaints/requests that I receive, but I don't recall receiving any from Rangers fans. If you have suggestions/complaints, you are free to PM or e-mail me.
The boards are not near where they were before. Too much power trip with certain admins and mods. Fortunately I only post in the Ranger and Sports board now, but that's more because I was turned off by every other one. The site is also ridiculous. NYR had some of the best writers - NYR has one of the bigger fan bases. HF doesn't seem so bright to me, something small trying to be something big doesn't help if you make stupid decisions like that. There isn't much professionalism on this site. Sorry that this will group up everyone who contributes to HF as there are many I do like, Guy the Edmonton writer being one of them, but there is a lot that has nerved me about this place.

Last edited by in the hall: 08-30-2004 at 09:08 PM.