View Single Post
Old
03-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Bluefan75

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly> View Post
I don't know how ppl. get like that, but I think a lot of it has to do with an inferiority complex.
You're right. It's really no different than the parents who *need* their kid to play in the NHL in order to validate themselves.

I've always found that on average, the worst a--holes are always the ones who just weren't quite good enough to be at a certain level, and try to act like the big shot to make up for the fact they weren't. While there will always be an a-hole or two, I find the best guys usually are the easy going ones, it's the ones who are desperate to be at that level that are difficult to deal with.

We have one guy who is hardly a ringer, since he he can't skate very fast at all, but he can handle a puck and has a good shot if he has some space. But he celebrates goals, particularly against one goalie who is just gettign started and has a hard time with low shots because he doesn't go down(because it is really hard for him to get back up quickly). We've all scored our share of goals on him, but no one else ever celebrates, we just skate back to the red line and wait for them to bring up the puck.

"Act like you've been there before" is very good advice for these people. They just can't come to grips with the fact they just weren't good enough. I can get a kid who had a good junior career moping/whatever for 6 months. But 25 years old, 6 years out of competitive hockey and still thinking you were robbed?? Come on.

Bluefan75 is offline   Reply With Quote