Thread: Hf Rankings....
View Single Post
Old
08-31-2004, 10:45 AM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.

The fact of the matter is, that a couple of Ranger writers were let go for one reason or another. You may agree with the choice, you may disagree and that is completely your perrogative. But this site is a volunteer site and you cannot criticize HF for not having a Ranger writer in place. The decision to raise the professionalism level of the site (and believe it or not, putting an age requirement in place raises the level in the eyes of many NHL organizations) cannot be slighted simply because one (of many) section did not have a substitute writer in place. HF cannot wave a magic wand and suddenly a Ranger writer appears. If one of you feel qualified enough to write, then by all means, sign up.

I actually agree with most of the changes HF as done.

The age level does give more respect to the site by NHL teams and their affilates as well as scouts and junior teams. This alone will hopefully raise the content level of the site.

The one thing I can "complain" about is that to keep the site moving in the right direction and to get more viewship and more credence in the eyes of teams, scouts etc. the draft previews/reviews and prospect rankings for each team has to be kept to up to date and done promptly.

The draft review was done on July 25...about 1 month after the draft.

And the prospect rankings are so out of date it isnt funny. I understand this takes time but in my humble opinion it shouldnt take 5 months to do it.

But hey, whats the opinion of a 19 year old?