View Single Post
Old
08-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Mr Brownstone

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Murray's role on the team is basically that of a #1 defenseman. He plays both on the powerplay, and the penalty kill and I would venture to say that he regularly plays between 24-27 minutes per game. He's a physical presence, and had several outstanding open ice hits last season.

I've been blasted for my top two potential prediction on the Sharks board, but I think Murray will bottom out at nothing less than a #4 on most NHL teams. He's more or less a stay at home guy with offensive abilities. Big physical presence both below the circles and anywhere on the rink. I think he could potentially be a #2 on some teams in the future, but undoubtedly a #4 on most.

His skating is mediocre and needs work, but his compensation with intelligent play makes it almost a non-factor. Murray's agility and acceleration are not fully there, but he does have solid balance. His stride did improve over the season and he did become a much more fluent skater as the season progressed.

If anyone else has questions, feel free to post them here.