Thread: Hf Rankings....
View Single Post
Old
08-31-2004, 02:03 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
Maybe I'm ranting incoherently, George knows that I have a tendency to do that (NHLS reference) but over the last 10-12 months it just seems like the quality of the site, for my preferences, has gone down while the efforts have been on going to make it a more "respectable" site.
PG, incoherent? Nah...I wouldn't go that far. But it appears more to me that this is an internal protest on many levels.

1. In support of the writer that left.
2. In protest of a lack of a qualified and timely replacement.

The writer was friends with everyone. And that gets personal. Since the decision was made, now the posters are taking it personally. I understand it. But I am sure that people still read Larry Brooks, and if he was fired they would still read the NY Post.

PG, some of the criticism is fair, but you know, 1 out of 5 is fair and a lot of it is just complaining.

I don't understand the lack of understanding of the decision though, PG. If after a while I got an interview with Sather, as an adult, he would take me seriously. If a 15 or 16 year old kid tried to interview him,(No matter if he is a writing prodigy or the best kid on the earth.) he wouldn't take any stock into the writer, the site or anything.

Guy Flaming(Oilers Writer) as an example can get Kevin Pendergast(Oilers Assistant GM) on the phone whenever he wants. Other writers have developed that type of relationships with teams as well.

As for you PG, I know you are a businessman, so I am surprised that you don't have a greater understanding that the decision was best for the site.