dawkins121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
So, I've been playing with this for a while. And based on a couple assumptions:

1-No big trades
2-Biron returns for a modest increase in cap hit, 3.5 mil -> 4.0 mil
3-Likewise with Munroe (to be, sigh, our NHL backup) .475 mil -> .500mil
4-Jared Ross extends at the same cap hit (.500 mil)

I have the Flyers coming in at 58,472,167 with this lineup (which is legal if the cap doesn't fall):

Hartnell - Carter - Lupul
Gagne - Richards - Giroux
Carcillo - Briere - Asham
Kalinski - Ross - Powe

Timonen - Coburn
Carle - Parent
Jones - Sbisa

Biron and Munroe

Based on this, I think what I do is this: I move Lupul for pretty much whatever I can get, i.e. mostly cap relief, and use either that cap space or get back in the trade a 3rd line center, and a decent back up goalie. Then you can slot in some combo of Briere and Giroux as the right wingers on the first two lines.

EDIT: Almost forgot, thanks Mountain Hawk for giving me the toys to indulge my interest in Armchair GMing
Unfortunately, unless some players take major steps forward, that isn't at all an improvement from what we have this year. Unless Biron steps up again in the playoffs and shows that he is indeed capable of being a clutch goaltender, I think the best move would be to move Lupul and try to invest in an upgrade in goal.

With the losses of Lupul and Knuble we'd essentially become a team with only 2 offensively threatening lines, but that would basically put us on the same level as the rest of the league.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote