View Single Post
Old
03-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Adam Larsson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acekicker123 View Post
Jarome Iginla. Kane's got about 2 inches on Parise right now, and projects to be more of a power forward build at the NHL level.

Similar to Iginla because:

- Plays an all-around game: hits, fights, gets his nose dirty, has a lot of heart and tenacity, and scores goals like no tomorrow
- Like Iginla, Kane has an uncanny ability to find the seams and get open in the slot in the offensive zone
- Really efficient scorers, give them half a second to let off a one-timer in the slot and it's done
- Both do a lot of damage by parking themselves in front of the net
- Kane projects to have a nearly identical build
- Both played on excellent junior teams and kind of came out of nowhere with huge breakout seasons, though Evander actually has BETTER numbers than Iginla

And coincidentally, Don Hay, the guy who coached the Kamloops team with Iginla and Doan from way back, now also coaches Kane. And according to Don, Kane is more advanced than Iginla was at his age.
Nice. I've been keeping track of Evander and really wanted the Devils to get him in the 1st round since last year or so. But obvioulsy he progressed tremendously and is now a guaranteed top-6 pick and will be picked way before the Devils turn to pick. So im disapointed we won't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting him, but i'm happy to see the kid doing so well. I also didn't realize he was 6'1", I guess you really can't trust hockeydb.com when it comes to height and weight ha.

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote