View Single Post
Old
03-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedgraf View Post
Anymore information out there? anyone know much about knee injuries?
Yes, my first name is Knee Pain!

When you get a knee problem like this, the first thing you want to do is elevate it and Ice it for 48 hours. After the swelling has gone down, then you need to add heat.

I recommend that you invest in a heating pad at Walmart. It cost about $30.00, but it's a live saver. Get the big one that you can wrap the whole knee in.

Then heat it up for about 20 mins and then take if off, allowing the knee to come back to room temperture, then add heat again for another 20 mins and so on.

The quicker you get heat to it the fast recovery time. Now, it after 4 days you still have problems (and you will, depending on how bad you messed it up) I recommend a doctor. You might need to go under the knife.

The last thing you want to do is mess with your knees. Anything else...ok. But not your knees. Well, that is if you want to be using a cane or a wheel chair the rest of your life. It's not so bad, you see guys on wheel chairs all the time on Cruise ships all the time, dragging their Oxygen tanks with them everywhere.

Yeah, go see a doctor!
Head coach